Last Update: August 2021
High Level Overview of our Approach to Privacy
- We recognize and respect your privacy. That means we only collect information we must have to fulfill our commitments and obligations to you. If we do not need the information, we do not request it.
- We implement technology solutions, process controls, and trained people to secure the data we do collect.
- We do not sell your personal information – PERIOD.
- We greatly limit who has access to your personal information to those with a job role that specifically supports a business purpose to support or fulfill our obligations.
- We do not transact business with minors.
- We collect information via our website (including our contact form) and via information you provide to us.
- We have a record retention policy governing how long we retain information. We only keep your information as long as we need to in order to fulfill our obligations to you and to meet any legal or regulatory requirements we are subject to (ie taxes, know your customer, payroll).
The Detailed Explanation of Your Rights and Our Handling of Your Privacy
Satellogic takes the privacy of our customers, business partners, shareholders, and employees seriously. We are committed to safeguarding Your privacy while providing You with high-quality solutions.
Your Consent to Collect and Use Personal Data
What Information Do We Collect?
The Personal Data and other information that we collect varies depending on Your relationship with Satellogic. Among the Personal Data and other information that We may collect is the following:
- Company details;
- Business address;
- Tax identification number;
- Telephone number;
- IP and MAC addresses and browser information;
- Email address;
- Banking details or other information needed to process payments to or from You;
- Demographic information such as Your profession, education, gender, and citizenship;
- Location information;
- Emails and written communications; and
- Other identifying information.
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect Personal Data and other information from You in a variety of ways, including:
- the submission of Personal Data by You to Satellogic through our websites;
- the submission of a paper or online order for Satellogic solutions;
- the submission of a Partner or Distributor Application and Agreement;
- through the use of our websites and solutions;
- when We and You communication by email, telephone, fax, chat, or otherwise;
- provision of Your Personal Data to Satellogic by Satellogic’s business partners; and
Satellogic will not contact You by telephone or email to request information such as account numbers or account passwords. We recommend that You do not open or respond to e-mails requesting this type of information and that You contact Satellogic if You receive such a request.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
Satellogic collects and processes Personal Data for a variety of legitimate purposes, including:
- to verify, process, and administer Your business for Satellogic solutions;
- to assure our diligence in our ‘know your customer’ obligations;
- to take payment from You for Satellogic services and products;
- to maintain our commercial relationship with You, including provision of billing and customer services;
- to analyze, understand, and respond to Your service needs, this may include requests for Your feedback;
- to improve the solutions that We offer to You and to develop new solutions;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations and to protect Satellogic’s legal and financial interests;
- to comply with Satellogic’s reporting obligations to government agencies;
- for the provision of solution to our customers and compliance with our contractual obligations to customers and business partners;
- to prepare internal reporting on customer matters and general business needs;
- to facilitate financial, accounting and administrative functions; and
- to identify and inform You about solutions from Satellogic and Satellogic business partners that We believe may be of interest to You, including sending commercial and marketing communications.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
Satellogic keeps Your Personal Data as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was initially collected, which may vary depending on the type of Personal Data collected and the purposes for which the data were collected. In the context of the contractual relationship We have with You, We keep Your Personal Data only as long as needed to provide our solutions to You and to deal with any questions or complaints You may have about these solutions. If We use Your Personal Data for Our marketing purposes We will keep the data as long as that data is relevant for that purpose. In certain cases We may need to keep Your Personal Data for a minimum period to comply with legal requirements. We do not keep Your Personal Data longer than permitted by law.
Where We Store Your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is stored by Satellogic on secure computer servers located in Argentina or in Spain. We also use third party cloud providers who maintain secure environments at their global data centers. See Transfer of Personal Data below. All Personal Data is stored according to industry standards. See Security below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Within the Satellogic Group and Overseas
To Other Third Parties
Satellogic has implemented technological and organizational measures to safeguard Your Personal Data from unauthorized or improper access or use during collection and while it is in our possession. Sensitive information (such as gender, ethnicity, financial information and account data) is subject to heightened security measures. You should also take measures to safeguard Your Personal Data by maintaining the confidentiality of Your username and password, logging out of Satellogic websites, closing Your web browsers when You have concluded Your online activities, changing Your passwords regularly and not providing Your Personal Data to persons that are unfamiliar to You.
Satellogic and You may communicate by email or chat and these communications may at times contain Personal Information. We do not intercept or disclose the contents of email and chat communications in the absence of a warrant or court order or if not required as part of an ongoing investigation; however, these communications may not be secure. We recommend that You do not send sensitive information (such as gender, ethnicity, financial information and account data) by email or chat, and we will not ask You to provide such information in this manner.
Your Right to Access Your Personal Data, and Other Rights
You have the right to access Your Personal Data, to correct Your Personal Data if the information that We have is erroneous, and, in some cases, to delete Your Personal Data. You may obtain a copy or correct or request deletion of Your Personal Data by contacting our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
We may impose reasonable restrictions on requests for access to or to correct Your Personal Data in accordance with national law, as applicable, If You request deletion of Your data, We may not be able to provide solutions to You. We are permitted to keep certain of Your Personal Data in order to meet our legal, financial, audit, and business needs, even if You request its deletion.
Limitation of Liability
Privacy Notice for California, United States Residents
This Notice describes the types of information we may collect from You or that You may provide when You visit the website www.satellogic.com (our “Website”) as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Notice applies to information we collect:
- On this Website; and
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between You and this Website.
This Notice does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “You”). Satellogic, Inc. has adopted this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Any party (including our affiliates); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Persons Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are under the age of 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about Yourself to us, including Your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name You may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If You believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us via our Site, at https://satellogic.com/contact-us. We do not sell any personal information, including the personal information of individuals under the age of 16.
Information We Collect About You
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). Specifically, our Website has collected one of more data elements listed in the following categories of Personal Information designated with “Yes” in the “Collected” column from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal Information Categories – as listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.|
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||No|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, solutions purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geo-location data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
|L. Equipment information.||Information about Your internet connection, the equipment You use to access our Website, and usage details.||No|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data (only in the case of employees); and
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Satellogic, Inc. will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing You notice.
How We Collect Information About You
Satellogic, Inc. obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following types of sources:
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that You provide by filling in forms on our Website;
- Records and copies of Your correspondence, if You contact us;
- Details of transactions You carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of Your orders; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As You navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about Your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of Your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that You access and use on the Website; and/or
- Information about Your computer and internet connection, including Your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about Your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to Your individual interests.
- Speed up Your searches.
- Recognize You when You return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Our Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets You tell websites that You do not want to have Your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about You or that You provide to us, including any personal information for the following purposes.
- To present our Website and its contents to You.
- To provide You with information, products, or services that You request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which You provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify You about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when You provide the information.
- For any other purpose with Your consent.
Our Business Purposes
We use the personal information we may have about You to accomplish our business purposes, including:
- To conduct data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our services;
- To conduct audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- To monitor for fraud and security purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- To develop new products and services;
- To consider ways for enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- To identify usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our services are of most interest to users;
- To determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our services are of most interest to our users so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with You, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent User’s Personal Information to others and we have not done so during the preceding twelve (12) months.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Satellogic, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Satellogic, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which You provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when You provide the information.
- With Your consent.
Purposes for Which We May Disclose Your Personal Information
We may also disclose Your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Satellogic, Inc., customers, partners, employees, shareholders, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Satellogic, Inc. may disclose Your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share aggregated (not linked to You as an individual) information about our users without restriction.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Satellogic, Inc. has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: (A) Identifiers, (D) Commercial Information, and (I) Professional Employment-Related Information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Satellogic, Inc. will not sell Your personal information and has not sold any personal information in the preceding 12 months.
Your Rights and Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We provide You with choices regarding the personal information You provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide You with the following control over Your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share Your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Satellogic, Inc. disclose certain information to You about our collection and use of Your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to You:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about You;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about You;
- Our business purpose for collecting that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about You (also called a data portability request); and
- If we sold or disclosed Your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Satellogic, Inc. delete any of Your Personal Information that we collected from You and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm Your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights, below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) Your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny Your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to accomplish any of the following.
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that You requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with You, or otherwise perform our contract with You.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if You previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on Your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which You provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Submitting a request at www.satellogic.com/contact-us; or
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only You, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that You authorize to act on Your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to Your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of Your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify You are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe Your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to Your request or provide You with personal information if we cannot verify Your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to You. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require You to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will make all reasonable efforts to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform You of the reason and extension period, not to exceed ninety (90) days, in writing.
If You have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If You do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response electronically or, if unavailable, via postal mail.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide Your personal information that is readily usable and should allow You to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell You why we made that decision and provide You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.
We will not discriminate against You for exercising any of Your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny You goods or services.
- Charge You different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide You a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that You may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer You certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to Your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires Your prior opt in consent, which You may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please submit a request at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where we have given You (or where You have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask You not to share Your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect Your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
If You have any questions or comments about this Notice, the ways in which Satellogic, Inc. collects and uses Your information described above, Your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise Your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
ATTN: CCPA Inquiry
210 Delburg St
Davidson, NC 28036